The Department of Tourism, Government of Goa, through Goa Tourism Development Corporation Ltd. (GTDC) in their endeavor to introduce new and innovative tourist attractions has proposed a ‘Ropeway’ project between Panaji and Reis Magos, crossing over River Mandovi. Subsequent to a bidding process, GTDC has appointed “Royal Rides Pvt. Ltd.” as a Concessionaire for the execution of the project. Royal Rides is developing the Ropeway facility adhering to European CEN standards, along with world-class ancillary tourism activities and will subsequently undertake their operations and maintenance. The salient features of the project are as follows:
- Ropeway across River Mandovi, with its lower terminal point at Panjim and upper terminal point at Reis Magos.
- Monocable Gondola Ropeway with installed capacity of 1000 PPH, adhering to European CEN Standards (highest level of safety).
- The total length of the stretch is 1.24 Km. by ropeway, which is normally approx. 6.85 Km. by road (from Patto bus stand and Reis Magos).
- The travel time by road without traffic is approx. 24 min., while the same is around 10 min. by ropeway.
- The theme park will have world-class ancillary tourism activities and support services like food court / restaurants, waiting lounge, public conveniences, first aid room etc.
- Customers can experience world class tourist activities like artificial skiing, tubing, 4D aquarium, 9D hologram show, virtual reality rides, kids arena, live cultural performances etc., which are quite similar to various top entertainment destinations in the world, in Goa itself.
- Use of advanced technologies like RFID tags & smart cards for ticketing and monitoring customer movement.
- The project is set to highlight the rich heritage and importance of Reis Magos Fort
- Market Intelligence will be ingrained in the Operations along with dedicated Customer Service team.
- The project will create direct and indirect employment / entrepreneurship to locals.
- The project will have positive influence on economic activity in Panjim and Reis Magos and aids in upliftment of the surroundings areas too.
- The project will become one of landmark projects for the state providing complete entertainment package to all age groups.
About Goa Tourism Development Corporation Ltd.:
Goa Tourism Development Corporation Ltd. (GTDC) was set up on 30th March, 1982 by the Government of Goa with the objective of developing tourism in a commercial way and running the commercial activities of the Department of Tourism for providing accommodation, sightseeing tours, cruises, packages, etc. Know More..
About Menus Adventures PVT. LTD.:
Royal Rides Pvt. Ltd. is a 100% subsidiary of Menus Adventures Pvt. Ltd. The Company, headquartered in Jammu & Kashmir, is one of the largest Adventure Tourism companies in India. With over a decade experience, the Company is involved in Design, Import, Supply, Installation, Commissioning, Operation, Maintenance and Major Overhauling of various types of Ski Ropeway Systems in India. Menus Adventures Pvt. Ltd has installed a high capacity Surface Ski lifts along with undertaking major overhauling of three different European CEN certified Surface Ski Lifts for J&K State Cable Car Corporation on a turnkey basis. The Company is also the sole distributor in India for the prestigious 'Beijing Goodyou Ropeway Engineering Co. Ltd.', the largest Ropeway Manufacturer in China, which has done over 200 installations worldwide. Menus Adventures Pvt. Ltd. also has extensive business interests in related adventure/winter sports activities, and trading of adventure equipment including specialized clothing, gears and accessories for winter sports like Skiing, Snowboarding, Ice Skating, Ice Hockey, Sledging, Ice Climbing, Rescue equipment. In addition, the Company also provides professional training on all types of adventures sports, Mountaineering, Trekking, Camping, Hiking, Climbing, Water Sports etc. Know More..
About Doppelmayr Garaventa Group:
Doppelmayr Garaventa Group through its Indian subsidiary Doppelmayr India Pvt. Ltd. is involved in providing entire technology and supervision support for the Goa Ropeway Project. Doppelmayr is the largest manufacturer of chairlifts, cable cars, gondolas, surface tows for ski and amusement parks, as well as urban transit solutions and material handling systems with over 14,000 installations in 89 countries. Doppelmayr had done several landmark ropeway installations across the world (including Europe, Singapore, Vietnam, US, China, North America etc.), which are acting as key tourist magnets for attracting tourists in these cities / locations. The company also has the credit of developing several world-record ropeway installations across various types of terrains (often difficult terrains) such as mountains, forests, rivers, etc. and transformed these destinations into entertainment marvels. Know More..